Grants So Far in 2016!
Charles River Center, Needham
We are pleased to report that the Charles River Center has
been the recipient of many generous grants over the past few months.
- b.good Family Foundation: $5,000 for a shed and coolbot system for our Horticulture Program. These will allow us to store vegetables and flowers, so they’ll remain fresh before being distributed to food banks and local restaurants.
- Eastern Bank: $10,000 for scholarships for weekend stays at our Respite Home in Sharon. Individuals will have a weekend filled with games, outings and camaraderie, while their caregivers get a chance to recharge their batteries.
- Massachusetts Master Gardeners Association: $1,000 for 12 raised beds at the Needham Community Farm for our Horticulture Program, allowing us to grow more flowers and vegetables, and also enabling more people to participate in this popular program.
- MetroWest Healthcare Foundation: $17,850 to help fund an agency-wide electronic, medical record software system. This system will allow us to have a private, easily-accessible record for each individual we serve, improving efficiency, client safety and continuity of care.
- Wellesley Hills Junior Women’s Club: $1,520 to fund a kayak trip with Waypoint Adventure, a non-profit educational organization that uses quality experiential and adventure-based programs to transform the lives of individuals with disabilities. This is sure to be a highlight of the summer for kids in our summer camp!
A sincere thank you to these foundations for supporting our mission. These enhancements will allow us to continue to provide the highest-quality programs and services to the 950 adults and children with developmental disabilities who we serve.